- Subject: All subjects
- Access the eresource
- Brief description Online reference management programme. See Full details for updated Guide and information
- Resource type References and abstracts
- Walk-in access Walk-in access not available
Refworks is used to collect and manage your sources. It will also create your bibliography in the Referencing style of your choice. For University of Cumbria assignments, most students (check with your lecturers) should use Cite Them Right which is available in both versions of RefWorks.
There are now two versions available which run as totally separate accounts. New users should choose the New version.
New Proquest Refworks: Login to Proquest Refworks and “create an account" with your University email.
"New Proquest Refworks" help guides
Known as the Legacy version this version will be withdrawn in 2019. Existing users you can continue using this Legacy account Login until then. If you want to set up a new Refworks account, see above
Existing users Your account will automatically link through to Legacy so you will need to go to http://refworks.proquest.com/ to set up a New Refworks account. See Getting started for more information.
Once your account is set up you can Import the references from your Legacy account.
If you have two accounts you will be asked which one you want to import to each time.
Legacy Refworks help guide
- Guide for using Legacy Refworks
- There have been some issues in the past with Legacy Refworks and Internet Explorer. If you have any problems try a different browser such as Firefox or Chrome.