- Access Mintel Academic
- Brief description Access to Mintel market reports
- Resource type Reports and statistics
- Accessibility Statement not provided by Mintel
Searching on Mintel
- Enter market sector or company in search box
- Use filters for different types of report / information
- Access reports, news, observations.
- Within reports find market overviews and drivers, consumer behaviour research and company and brand information.
- They currently have a separate COVID -19 section
- Trendscape - from the results page look for 'Explore the Trendscape' tiles - this is a brainstorming tool to help you explore trends and look for gaps or opportunities. Really useful for innovation. Click to see the Trendscape guide (login required)
- Analytics tools - from the top menu. Interactive websites for delving into Consumer Data and Market Sizes.
You now can 'personalise' your usage to allow you to save favourites:
Click on Welcome and select My account
Click on Update your details
Choose Academic Users and Search for University of Cumbria
Make sure your name appears on the screen. If not enter your name and Uni email in Preferences
Click on Mintel Reports or Mintel Market Sizes to search
Click on the Stars to save to favourites. You can also set email alerts for new titles under the search box once you have searched.
NB: You will need to do this login each time to access these favourites.
If required, login using your university email address and password.
If you have any problems logging in OFF campus go to https://clients.mintel.com and look for the Federated Login option.
Any problems do let us know on firstname.lastname@example.org
Mintel is a market intelligence company, providing detailed insights into consumer and business market sectors. The reports and analysis include market data, competitive intelligence and product intelligence. Mintel uses both industry and government sources plus data from their own consumer research which provides detailed consumer behaviour.
Important: please note that Mintel must only be used by students for non-commercial academic study associated with University of Cumbria modules.
Content is regularly updated.
Over a 1000 reports plus continuous updating of news about product and business innovations etc. We subscribe to mainly the UK reports but in addition can access up to date analyst insights from around the world.
Within reports you can download summaries, infographics, powerpoint presentations and use the databook to create excel graphs and charts
NB You cannot download whole reports.