1. Register fully on ICON (the University's Student Records System).
You will be sent a username (ie. your student ID number) and password by Data Management as part of online registration process for confirming your registration on your module or course. You will be asked to change the password and to log into ICON to fill in all your details and complete the registration process.
You won't be added to the IT Network until you fully complete this registration process.
Top tip: have a digital photo of yourself to hand, so you can upload it into your registration, this will make it easier to get a library card if you should want one.
2. Look up your Network username and password.
This username and password will give you access to Blackboard, UoC email and all of our electronic resources.
Although it is the same username (ie. student ID number) as ICON, you will need to register your chosen password with the IT Network to activate your Account, as per instructions below.
- You will receive an email confirming your registration and giving you a link to the Password look up system. Click on the link (https://apps.cumbria.ac.uk/AccountActivation/) and follow the instructions below.
- Download the Password look up instructions
Top tip: Your Username is your Student number and the Password is case specific.
More information on Usernames and Passwords
If you have problems getting your username & password you may need to
- ring the IT service desk on 01228 888888
- or email ITservicedesk@cumbria.ac.uk
Forgot your Username and password?
This is a once only look up, so if you forget your Password (your Username is your student number) then go to the Password reset page.