- Access PubMed Central
- Brief description An archive of free access full-text health journals
- Resource type Full-text journals, references and abstracts
- Accessibility Statement
Direct, no login required.
An archive of free access full-text health journals provided by National Institute of Health (US).
Some from late 1800s.
- PMC News mail list.
- RSS feed.
- The link on the right of an article links to cited articles.
- Use the “send to” menu to save print email, send to etc.
- Send results to the clipboard, where they can be stored for 8 hours.
- To save results permanently register to access “My NCBI” .
- Limits tab give full range of limiting options.
- History tab allows you to combine searches.
- The main search box is used for keyword, journal title or author.
- To search on author include the initials without punctuation, e.g. Brown PH.
- If you don’t know the initials put [au], e.g. Brown[au].
- Use “Citation search” to find a known article.
- Search the “Journals list” to find a journal.