- Subject Health and Social Care
- Access CINAHL
- Brief description Journals in Nursing and Allied Health
- Resource type References and abstracts, Full-text journals, Reports and conference proceedings, Trials and reviews
- Walk-in access Walk-in access available
This valuable resource provides full text for nursing and allied health journals indexed in the CINAHL Database, many of which with no embargo. Nurses, allied health professionals, researchers, nurse educators and students consider this database an essential full-text research tool.
1982 to date.
2,737 indexed journals.
Citations from 1,150 journals.
329 full text journals.
On and Off campus access is via your University of Cumbria login details - a pop-up box will ask you to enter your username and password.
Thesaurus of CINAHL subject headings using MeSH (Medical Subject Headings) controlled vocabulary.
Search history and alerts function from the advanced search screen.
Direct export to Refworks from the save results option.
Can search other Ebsco databases at the same time.
“Visual search” option displays differently but needs JAVA.
Uses Boolean AND, OR, NOT ? wildcard,
* truncation, () for grouping,
“ “ exact phrases
Can limit by date, full-text and document type.
Some journals have an embargo, so there may be a delay before recent issues are made available.