- Access BIOSIS Previews
- Brief description References to biological and life sciences research
- Resource type References and abstracts, Trials and reviews, Reports and conference proceedings
- Walk-in access Walk-in access not available
A comprehensive reference database for life science research, covering original research reports and reviews in traditional biological and biomedical areas as well as providing references to primary journal literature on vital biological research, medical research findings and discoveries of new organisms.
5,500+ journals and 1,500+ other references.
On and Off-campus access is via your University of Cumbria login details - a pop-up box will ask you to enter your university email address and password.
Standard search and Advanced search options are available.
Standard search is used for simple keyword, author or journal title searches.
Advanced search should be used to search specific indexes such as organisms, super taxa, gene name, sequence data, CAS registry numbers and more.
Uses Boolean AND, OR, NOT
* truncation - e.g.elephant*
* wildcard - e.g. behavio*r
To search for publications by a particular author, enter the author's surname followed by a comma, then the first name and/or initials e.g. Miller, P.