- Access Westlaw UK
- Brief description Legal online service
- Resource type Cases, legislation (as amended), commentary, full-text journals, references and abstracts
- Accessibility Statement
If required, login using your university email address and password.
Find up-to-date UK and European legal information such as
- law reports or court transcripts
- legislation (up to date as amended)
- legal journal articles
- overview topics of different areas of the law.
- practitioner handbooks
- materials from other countries and jurisdictions.
Search specific sections of the database – cases, legislation, journals, commentary.
For international materials or for materials from other countries find the 'More Resources' on the homepage and click on ' Westlaw International' or 'Westlaw USA'. Countries covered include USA, Canada, Australia etc.
Save, print or email text of articles.
1. Google style search box on the home page with options in a drop down menu.
2. Click on each material type on the menu bar to perform more complex searching - see the 'search tips and connectors' help icon for help with entering keywords. Or see the Product Support link at the bottom of the home page.
3. International materials or for materials from other countries find the 'More Resources' on the homepage and click on ' Westlaw International' or Westlaw USA. Countries covered include USA, Canada, Australia etc.
4. Ask for help via email@example.com
- Case coverage 1865 onwards.
- EU case law 1954 onwards.
- European Court of Justice 1954 onwards.
- Court of First Instance 1989 onwards.
- OJC Series 1985 onwards.
- Legislation 1267 onwards.
Vast database of legal information with links within documents to related material.