BNF and BNF for Children
The print copies of the BNF are no longer being produced and access to continually updated content is now online via the NICE website or Medicines complete.
Click to access BNF and BNF for Children Online
Follow these steps
- On the Medicines Complete page click 'Login'
- Scroll down and click on 'Login Via Shibboleth/Open Athens'
- Type 'Cumbria' in the 'Find Your Organization' search box
- Click on 'University of Cumbria'
- On the right of the screen choose either the 'BNF' or the 'BNF for Children'
- Use keywords in the search box
Please note the University does not subscribe to any of the other products on the Medicines complete website. Only the BNF and BNFc.
ACCESS via NICE
As the University has a subscription to Mediicines Complete you are also entitled to access the BNF and BNFc via the NICE website.
The British National Formulary (and BNF for Children) is a United Kingdom pharmaceutical online reference book that contains a wide spectrum of information and advice on prescribing and pharmacology, along with specific facts and details about many medicines available on the UK National Health Service.
- Drugs A-Z
- Treatment summaries
- Medicines guidance
- Borderline substances
- Wound management
- Nurse prescribers formulary
- Medical devices