Update as of 2nd September 2022.
Lexis Library has moved to a new platform called Lexis+
If you click on the link below to Lexis Library you will be taken to a Lexis sign-in screen. Choose the 'Academic Sign-in' option.
Alternatively go to the new website via this link - Access Lexis+
- Access Lexis Library
- Brief description Up-to-date legal information
- Resource type Full-text journals, law reports, legislation, newspapers, encyclopedias
- Accessibility Statement
If required, login using your University username and password.
Find up-to-date UK and European legal information such as
- law reports or court transcripts
- legislation (up to date as amended)
- legal journal articles
- legal commentary from publications such as Halsbury's Laws of England.
- materials from other countries and jurisdictions.
- newspaper articles from regional and national papers
Legislation from 1266
Cases from 1558
Start dates vary depending on individual publication.
12,000+ publications and sources.
Search specific sections of the database – cases, legislation, journals, commentary.
For International materials or for materials from other countries click on each material type in the menu bar and then choose the 'International Content' from the left hand menu. This will open up a new website called Lexis Library International. Countries coverd include USA, Canada, Australia etc.
Save, print or email text of articles.
1. On the homepage look for individual cases or legislation or look for legal terms in the glossary
2. Google style search box on the home page allows free text searching
3. Click on each material type on the menu bar to perform more complex searching - see the 'search tips' links. Or see the Help sections for each type. Find links to international content via these material types.