The Skills@Cumbria service is staffed Monday to Friday 09:00 - 17:00
You can contact us via the Student Enquiry Point or email us via email@example.com with queries about referencing, accessing library resources and academic skills.
You can request feedback on 500 words of a draft written assignment that has not already been assessed by a tutor; please note that this is not a proofreading service. Please see our service guidance below and note that the offer of appointments and feedback service are subject to availability.
- You can request feedback once per module - which might be via email feedback OR via an appointment. Let us know if you are in resubmission, as we may be able to offer more flexible support.
- In line with academic regulations and to support independent learning, generally, we cannot look at the same assignment more than once for a 1st submission.
- For dissertation/longer project modules we can look at 2 different sections of up to 500 words (subject to availability).
- When requesting email feedback, please identify the 500 words section clearly and provide some context, eg your assignment brief. Tell us the areas of development you would like us to focus on, eg paragraphing, referencing, academic sources, structure, writing critically, or whatever you would prefer. Or if you are not sure, tell us about your tutor or peer feedback and their suggested areas for development.
- We will suggest tips and strategies to support your learning development, but we're not subject specialists and we don't offer a proofreading service. Our feedback is for guidance only.
- We can help you to understand grading criteria and tutor assessment feedback but we can't suggest what grade an assignment might be worth. We don't mark assignments and tutors make final grade decisions.
In many cases - particularly in response to quick queries like referencing - we are usually able to reply within a working day or two. Please allow up to 5 working days for 500 word feedback requests. If you are seeking 500 words feedback, please seek timely advice: at least 7 days before an assignment deadline to give yourself time to process and apply any feedback before your deadline. Please allow for possible delays over national holidays.