The Skills@Cumbria service is staffed Monday to Friday 09:00 - 17:00
Contact us via the Student Enquiry Point with any queries about referencing, accessing library resources and academic skills.
You can request feedback on 500 words of a draft written assignment; please note that this isn't a proof reading service. Please check you understand our service guidance below and be aware that the offer of appointments and feedback service are all subject to availability.
- You can request feedback once per module - which might be via email feedback OR via an appointment. Let us know if you are in resubmission, as we may be able to offer more flexible support.
- In line with academic regulations and to support independent learning, generally, we cannot look at the same assignment more than once for a 1st submission.
- For dissertation/longer project modules we can look at 2 sections of up to 500 words (subject to availability).
- When requesting email feedback, please identify the 500 words section clearly. Tell us the areas of development you would like us to focus on, eg paragraphing, referencing, academic sources, structure, writing critically (etc). Or if you are not sure, tell us about your tutor or peer feedback and their suggested areas for development.
- We will suggest tips and strategies to support your development, but we do not offer a proof reading service and feedback is for guidance only.
- We can help you to understand grading criteria and tutor assessment feedback but we cannot suggest what grade an assignment might be worth. We do not mark assignments and tutors make final grade decisions.
In many cases - particularly in response to quick queries like referencing - we are usually able to reply within a working day or two. You need to allow up to 5 working days for 500 word feedback requests. If you are seeking 500 words feedback, please seek timely advice: at least 7 days before an assignment deadline. Please allow for possible delays over national holidays.