Further Support and Appointments
Can’t find the answer to your question?
Concerned about your academic progress?
Been referred by a tutor?
The Skills@Cumbria service can help support your academic skills and success throughout your programme. The service is delivered by a team of professional Library and Academic Advisors within the University Library. It includes a suite of online self-help resources accessible 24/7 via the university’s website and Blackboard site. It also provides group and individual advice and guidance accessible through and alongside your course and by different means such as face to face, email or virtual.
Skills@Cumbria helps you to develop a range of academic and study skills that will enable you to become successful students. These include: academic writing, essay planning, critical writing, finding library resources in your subject, evaluating information, referencing, avoiding plagiarism, using Turnitin, presentation skills, time management, exam revision strategies and digital skills.
- What support is available to me?
- How can Learning Enhancement Advisers support me?
- How much guidance and feedback can I expect from advisers?
- How can I make the most of the service?
- Can I access support whenever I want?
- Do you offer a proofreading service?
- Can advisers help me with digital skills?
- I have a disability and/or specific learning difficulty.
Other support services available to you: