Once logged in, a page similar to the one below will be shown:
There are various content blocks and menu tabs, on this page, which have been created to help you find what you need:
My Institution (home screen)
This is the Blackboard landing page (as shown above) which contains access to:
- Tools menu
- The Student Hub
- My Announcements
- All of your course, module and university Announcements in one place
- My Courses
- A list of all of the modules on which you are currently enrolled
- Libraries, Learning & Student Support
- Useful links to the library, learning resources and student support departments
- Blackboard Mobile
- Links to the various app stores to pick up the latest Blackboard Mobile App
- Other optional content
- Available through clicking the "Add Module" button in the menu bar
This is the complete, searchable, list of courses/modules that are registered on our Blackboard system. This is usually of more use to staff, but can be used to find specific self-enrol courses such as MiCumbria.
Access to resources and support for your academic, digital and numeracy skills; including:
- Academic reading and writing
- Using Microsoft Office
- The Turnitin Test Area
Jobs & Careers
Everything about our Careers & Employability Service; including the Career Ahead employability award.
There are a small number of Blackboard Communities for both staff and students. You will usually be invited to join a specific relevant Community, rather than searching one out.
This area holds all of the current resit papers for students who need to be reassessed in a piece of coursework. After each of the Assessment Boards, you will be notified by email if you have any modules which need reassessing. This is where you will find the details and requirements for that reassessment.
The Students' Union information page.
This additional button, below the tabs, allows you to choose the look and feel of your Blackboard.