Becoming a Mentor
Peer Mentoring provides valuable support for students at crucial points in their studies and offers a host of other benefits for mentee. However, mentoring also offers a number of benefits to the Mentor. It can help you to develop a range of transferable skills that can help you throughout University and beyond.
Our current mentors have told us that it has helped them to develop
- Leadership skills
- Their ability to work as part of a team
- Project Management skills
- Organisational skills
- Communication skills
- Their understanding of the support resources available.
It can also help you to
- Enhance your CV
- Reinforce your own skills and subject knowledge
- Gain recognition for your voluntary experience
- Increase your own confidence and motivation
Apply to become a Mentor
If you are interested in becoming a Mentor then please complete the online form below:
If you have any further questions on becoming a Mentor, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Did you know?
You can use your mentoring experience to contribute to completion of the University’s employability award Career Ahead.