The Inter Library Loan Service is available to help you obtain material not held by the University Library. We will try to find the item for you via the British Library or other UK institutions. The service is available to staff and students of the University of Cumbria and covers a wide range of material such as books; journal articles; conference papers; and theses. Only material to support academic study, teaching or research may be requested.
- Interlibrary loan guide for undergraduates
- Interlibrary loan guide for final year undergraduates
- Interlibrary loan guide for postgraduates and academic staff
Please email completed request forms to the Interlibrary Loan Service.
Please read the following information carefully before submitting requests
- Books - Check OneSearch to make sure the book is not held in the University Library. Often a keyword search on your chosen subject area will reveal material held in the Library which may be equally relevant to your study.
- Journals - Check the Journals A to Z list to check that the Library does not subscribe to the journal in print or electronic format (it may be available in an alternative eresource).
- You may find open access articles by searching Google Scholar
- If you are a member of academic staff and require a copy of a work to use in a module you are teaching, please contact the scanning service.
- External borrowers can request ILL’s but a charge of £15 per item is charged. Your local public library will have an interlibrary loans service which maybe cheaper and more convenient.
If you have any queries please email the Interlibrary Loan Service.