Student Engagement Dashboard Accessibility Statement
Student Engagement Dashboards (built with Microsoft PowerApps) are Partially Accessible
The University of Cumbria take accessibility very seriously and want as many people as possible to be able to use this application. We are actively working to make the website more accessible to all people and compliant with World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) WAI’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1.
The Student Engagement Dashboards are developed to meet the WCAG AA standards, for more information see Accessibility in Microsoft Power Apps
View our accessibility tools page to find accessibility tools and plugins to help improve your online experience.
You should be able to:
- understand the website text
- change colours and contrast levels
- zoom in up to 400% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate all the content using just a keyboard
- be able to understand hyperlink destinations from the text description
- use text to speech tools to access content
- listen to the website using a screen reader
How accessible your application is
- the forms are designed primarily for desktop use so the text does not reflow/ act responsively to magnification or screen orientation
- Page Structure
- page headings (i.e. HTML coded headers) are not accessible in the PowerApps platform
What to do if you can’t access parts of this application
University of Cumbria Support
If you are unable to access content or interact with the interface and would like an alternative accessible format, please contact us to discuss the most suitable options, please contact:
- online reporting system https://servicedesk.cumbria.ac.uk/rsdportal
- email - email@example.com
- call - 01228 888888
We will review your request and communicate with you in 7 days.
Reporting Accessibility Problems with this application
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this application. You can help us by reporting any barriers you encounter and contribute to our Accessibility Improvement plan. however if you find any problems that aren’t listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this application-based system’s accessibility levels
The University of Cumbria is committed to making its applications accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This application is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
- Reflow (app is not designed to reflow on mobile devices though still scrollable horizontally and vertically to view content)
- Navigation view page headers
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons…
1. Non-compliance with accessibility regulations
- Reflow – this does not meet all requirements of 1 – 1.4.4, 1.4.5, 1.4.10. For this app the redesign to accommodate this would be extensive. All the new forms will be built with this aspect in mind and a review of current forms undertaken to see the impact of
- Page structure - this does not meet all requirements of 1 – 1.3.1, 2.4.6. Developers are unable to access the HTML headers for the app on this platform. We will continually review the accessibility development options made available in PowerApps.
2. Disproportionate Burden
The changes needed to achieve AA WCAG Guidelines and meet the Web Accessibility Regulations will be achieved through a planned accessibility improvement action plan to be reviewed and updated a minimum of 12 monthly.
3. Content that’s not within the Scope of the Accessibility Regulations
Only Page structure (see above) is currently out of our scope due to limitations on the PowerApp platform.
How we tested this Website
Student Engagement Dashboards are built using an underlying template. We tested 25% of our Student Engagement Dashboard provision using software such as Wave, a web accessibility evaluation tool WAVE and Accessibility Insights as well as using the PowerApps built in Accessibility Check.
This application was last tested on 25/06/2020 by University of Cumbria.
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
We are continuously working to improve the accessibility levels of our Student Engagement Dashboards. A Basic Accessibility Check is carried out each year followed by a more detailed accessibility check, both assessments highlight the areas needing improvement. The identified issues are added to the system improvement action plan with a timescale for improvement or 3rd party communications on improvement.