You can use OneSearch to find and then request items that are on loan to another user or are only available in another University of Cumbria library.
- log in using your borrower number (student ID number) and your normal password and search for the item. You can check its availability and request a copy. Click on the get it tab.
- select the site from which you wish to collect the item from the drop down list then click on the orange request button. Some categories of students are allowed to request postal loans.
- you will be notified by your University email when it is ready for collection, or you can sign in to OneSearch and check My Account.
- requested items are kept for one week then reshelved.
- you can place a maximum of six requests - if you require more than six, you need to prioritise.
- external borrowers can have a maximum of one request.
- requested items will be recalled, but a borrower is entitled to keep the item on loan until the due date when it was originally borrowed. This could mean you may have to wait for a maximum of two weeks. If you check the due date when requesting an item, this will reduce unnecessary recalls being sent and avoid frustration over essay deadlines, etc.
- check if there is an electronic version of the book available - it will save you waiting!
- if an item shows as available on the shelves at the campus library where you are based please collect the item from the shelves yourself to save delay.
Intersite Access to Print Journals
Upon request we will photocopy articles from print journals which are only available at another University of Cumbria library. Please complete an Intersite Journal Article Request form. You will have to pay the photocopy costs.