IT Service Desk
The IT Service Desk is the central technical helpline offering help with IT needs.
How can we help you?
- We provide support, technical help and advice for all users of our IT, telephony and media facilities
- We aim to answer your queries and resolve technical problems as soon as we can
- We are able to provide remote desktop assistance to you at any networked university computer
- If your query requires specialist or local technical support, we will co-ordinate the resources required to get your query resolved as quickly as possible
- We have a range of Frequently Asked Questions and tips to help you with common queries.
To contact the IT Service Desk
You can contact the Service Desk via phone or email to request support or to check the status of any outstanding requests. For urgent enquiries please telephone: 01228 888 888 (external calls) or 8888 (internal calls).
For all other enquiries, or to check on the status of a previously logged enquiry: email@example.com
Phone: 01228 888 888 (external calls) or 8888 (internal calls).
Term time hours
Mon - Thur: 08:30 - 18:00
Friday: 08:30 - 17:00
Mon – Fri: 08:30 – 17:00
Helping us resolve your query
It will help us to resolve your query or incident as quickly as possible if you are able to provide us with the following information:
Your university username
Location of reported incident
Contact name and phone number
University computer name which is displayed on the Desktop after login (begins with three upper case letters such as FUS, BOW, PEN, PAT)
You can also find the PC name before logging on. Click CTR+ALT+DEL and click on the arrow next to Log on to: UOC. The PC name will be displayed in the list.
Description of fault
Description of task being attempted and other programmes running at the time.
If contacting us by email - best times to contact you, or arrange a visit (if required)
Any other information that you feel relevant, for example a file name, error code or screen shot.