What are Journals?
Journals are academic or professional publications that are published periodically throughout the year. They contain research, academic discourse and features written by experts in their field and are key resources for your studies.
The Journal Search is a directory of all the journals available at the University of Cumbria, both print and electronic format. Use this list to see if the Library subscribes to a particular journal, or to locate a specific article using a reference.
See getting full text for more information on using the Journal Search.
Why should I use them?
- For up-to-date information and cutting-edge research.
- For a depth of detail not always found in books.
- For wider reading and developing your knowledge of a subject.
- For better marks in assignments.
- How do I set up journal alerts?
If we don’t subscribe to your journal
If the Library does not subscribe to the journal you need, you can request a photocopy of the article from the British Library, please see the Interlibrary loans page for more details.