Everyone knows the saying that a healthy body means a healthy mind and there is a lot of truth in this. Almost half of people with a mental health issue also have at least one long-term physical condition.
- Be sensible about what you eat
- Drink alcohol in moderation
- Keep active
- See your doctor when health issues arise
- Register with a dentist and keep regular check-ups
UoC Active is all about making sport and exercise as inclusive as possible. It encompasses all of the sporting opportunities here at the University of Cumbria, including our Students' Union sports clubs, facilities, continuing professional development courses, and community activities. Get involved today.
Click on the following links for more information from the Department of Health and NHS - students can be at a higher risk of suffering from these health issues:
- Information about flu
- Information about measles
- Information about mumps
- Information about meningitis
- Information about rubella
Register with a local doctor:
Register with a local dentist:
This will enable you to find your nearest practice and who is taking on new patients. Then contact the surgery direct to register with them.