Get the facts about Gambling.
Gambling can be fun, but sometimes it can cause problems with money, relationships and more.
Is gambling a problem for you, or someone you know?
Ask yourself these questions:
- Have you ever lied to people important to you about how much you gambled?
- Have you ever felt the need to bet more and more money?
- Are you or have you ever been affected by someone else's problematic gambling behaviour?
- Are you aware of how much money you are speanding each month on gambling?
Below are some of the national organisations that provide information, support, advice and assistance to those who are having difficulty controlling their gambling habit. It is also worthwhile looking at our pages on debt, budgeting and making the most of your money as wider financial challenges are often associated with gambling problems.
Sources of support
- GamCare offers free, impartial and confidential advice and support about a gambling problem.
If you have questions or concerns about your own gambling or about that of a friend or family member, a good place to start is the National Gambling Helpline call free on: 0808 8020 133.
- Gamblers Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to do the same.
- Gamble Aware On this website you'll find advice and get access to free, confidential help by phone or online. You can learn about how gambling works, check if you or someone you know may have a gambling problem, and find tips on how to stay in control. www.gambleaware.co.uk
GAMSTOP: National ONLINE self-exclusion scheme.
The new national online self-exclusion scheme GAMSTOP was launched in April 2018. This is a useful tool for those who want to stop on-line gambling.
GAMSTOP lets you put controls in place to help restrict your online gambling activities.
Sign up for the service and you will be prevented from using gambling websites and apps run by companies licensed in Great Britain, for a period of your choosing.
GAMSTOP is a free service for users. GAMSTOP is available for consumers resident within the United Kingdom (Great Britain and Northern Ireland) only.
Sign up here www.gamstop.co.uk
Click here for up to date NHS Information on Gambling addiction