- be passport standard
- be in portrait orientation (ie, higher than it is wide)
- be taken with your eyes open and clearly visible (no sunglasses or tinted glasses and no hair across your eyes)
- show your full head, without any head covering unless you wear one for religious beliefs or medical reasons
- show you on your own
- be in colour
- be taken within the last 12 months
- be clear and in sharp focus, with a clear difference between your face and a plain light background
To enable your photograph to be processed and printed onto your card the image file should be less than 50kb in size and in JPG format. Most digital cameras and smartphones save photographs as a JPG/JPEG file however these are normally larger than 50kb and will need resizing before submission. You can find the file size of the image by right clicking on the image file on our computer and selecting ‘Properties’. The Photo Resizing Service (below) will allow you to create a photo of the correct file size.
A photograph not meeting the requirements will be rejected and you will have to have your photo taken and card produced at your registration event.