Class of 2020 Careers Fund
Graduated this year? Trying to take the next step in your career? Need some help with funds to get things moving?
Class of 2020 – we are here for you! Our new Careers Fund, developed in partnership with the Cathedrals Group, a group of fifteen universities across the country, is designed to help you invest in yourself, so you feel ready and able to take the next steps into employment, or continuing education.
The fund is designed to help overcome the hardships holding back career opportunities. We know this is a uniquely challenging time to enter the jobs market. The fund has been designed to be flexible across a wide range of needs and will help us understand the issues new graduates are facing in more detail.
Find out more about the Cathedral’s Group here: https://www.cathedralsgroup.ac.uk
Find out more on the leaflet here: Careers_Fund_Flyer (PDF)
What kind of activities are funded?
- Developing your skills - Would a short course, or other training enhance skills you learnt during your degree?
- Help at home - Are circumstances at home making it hard to job search? Do you need help moving in, or out?
- Digital access - Is access to the internet, a laptop, or other digital equipment restricting your job search?
- Health and wellbeing - Do you need help to address stress or anxiety? Do you have specific health needs?
- The right equipment - Have you got the tools you need to showcase your skills and impress employers?
- Getting more experience - Is a work experience opportunity available that you need help to access?
- Transport - Is the cost of getting around limiting the jobs or courses you apply for?
- Starting your own business - Do you need ‘start-up’ or support funding to kickstart an idea you have developed?
How much would I get?
Grants are up to £750
Who is eligible?
The fund is open to UG and PG graduates from 2020 and across all fifteen Cathedrals Group institutions.
Successful applicants must be willing to be contacted 3, 6 and 12 months after their award for follow-up that could be used in subsequent marketing material.
Failure to spend the award as proposed will necessitate the funding to be returned.
How do I apply?
Application is by a written submission of up to 600 words, or a video submission of up to 5 minutes, sent to CG.Careerfund@yorksj.ac.uk. Tell us how much money you are applying for and be specific about how you will use it. Tell us briefly about your story in reaching this point, your career ambitions and how this funding will help. Tell us why you cannot fund what you are requesting from another source.
All applications must include your full name, date of birth, postal address, email address and telephone number, plus your University of Cumbria course and student number.
What is the closing date?
The closing date for applications is 27 November 2020. We expect the outcome to be shared in December 2020.