my-cumbria-logo, my-cumbria-logo Toggle navigation

Your online student record can be found on ICON (Information for Cumbria ONline), it is a tool by which you can view and amend your student record online 24 hours a day.

It is your responsibility to ensure that the University has correct, up to date details for you throughout your study. 

Querying your Names or Date of Birth

Please use the ‘My Home Page’ section of ICON (your online student record) to notify us of a change in any of your names or if your date of birth is incorrect. You will then need to present official legal documentation, e.g. a marriage certificate, deed poll document or birth certificate to your local PAd (Programme Administration office) to verify this information. The University is required to check official legal documentation to make changes to any of these sets of information. 

Updating your Address, Contact details and Next of Kin details

It is important to notify the University of any change to your home or contact (term time) addresses as this information is used when forwarding correspondence such as transcripts and certificates.

Please ensure that you provide correct, up to date details for your addresses and contact telephone numbers. You can search under your postcode under the ‘Get Address’ option in order to obtain your correct postal address.

It is important to regularly check your University student email account as most communication (for example, registration, module results, progression transcripts) are emailed rather than posted. The University will communicate with you primarily via your student email account.

Next of Kin details can also be updated on the ‘My Home Page’ section. You should nominate the details of a family member or friend who you would wish to be contacted in the event of you becoming ill or having an accident. If you wish to nominate two people with different details, please contact your local PAd as they will be able to upload the second person’s contact details for you.

You can also update any external reference numbers such as your Student Support number, for the Student Loans Company, National Insurance number and any professional registration numbers you may have (if applicable) such as your Teacher Reference Number (TRN), General Medical Council (GMC) registration number or your Nursing PIN number. If you are in receipt of funding from the Student Loans Company you will need to ensure that we hold your correct Student Support number, without this there may be delays in the release of your funding.

You can also change your details by visiting your local PAd.

Edit page