Head Start to Policing supports the development of your academic skills and digital capabilities whilst helping to boost your confidence as you transition into academic study in a working environment.
This course is broken down into 7 main units:
- Transition to Apprenticeships - Welcome to Higher Education at university.
- Off-the-job Training - What does and doesn't count towards Off-the-job Training.
- Research - Finding and evaluating information (two learning units - Research and Not all information is equal).
- Reflection and Experiential Learning - Learning to learn from your experiences.
- Writing - Writing for higher education.
- Referencing - Crediting original authors for the evidence you cite.
- Your Digital Skills - Helping you to understand the basic digital skills that you will need to get started at university. A quiz-style assessment creates a report that includes links to tutorials that you should complete at your own pace.
You are encouraged to practice each skill as you progress through the course.
Finishing each unit will generate a digital badge and a complete set of badges will result in a Certificate of Completion for Head Start to Policing.
By completing Head Start you will:
- gain a better understanding of the processes and assessment of HLAs;
- gain insight into learning at university, particularly key research, referencing, and writing skills;
- understand the importance of digital skills to support and enhance learning, and identify areas for development;
- find out about available services and resources to support you during and beyond your transition to university life and study.