More and more employers have a disability confident culture. This means that they openly value the strengths and talents that employees with disabilities or health conditions bring and recognise that disability is no barrier to success.
The Government’s Disability Confident Employer Scheme aims to increase understanding about disability, challenge organisational culture and assist employers develop inclusive recruitment practices. The scheme has three different levels. The higher the level, the more disability confident they will be.
Examples of disability confident employers can be found on our information sheet "Accessing Disability Confident Employers and Voluntary Organisations" here: disability confident employers
Useful links and articles
- Gov.uk– Get help at work if you’re disabled or have a health condition
- Disability Rights UK Factsheet F24/Finding disability-friendly employers
- Equality and diversity issues and your graduate job hunt
- Evenbreak– a not-for-profit social enterprise matching disabled candidates with inclusive employers
- EmployAbility– not for-for-profit social enterprise for disabled and dyslexic students and graduates