What to bring
Whether you are arriving to live in halls, or just arriving to study on campus, here are some important items to bring with you in your first week.
Access to enough money to last until your student loan comes through
The Money Advice Service offers a free, confidential and expert advisory service to applicants and students. We provide guidance and specialist case-working in the areas of student funding eligibility, bursaries and issues where previous study impacts future funding. If you have trouble managing your money, we can also help you plan your finances while at university.
Living away from home
You may need to bring the following items with you:
- Bedding - sheets, duvet, pillows and covers
- Towels, including tea towels
- Crockery, cutlery and pans including oven dish and tray
- Cleaning materials
- Clothes hangers
- Toilet rolls
- PC or laptop
- A small rug or mat to protect your room carpet from stains
- Coasters and placemats
- Any electrical items you bring needs to have been PAT tested within the last 12 months.
What is provided in halls
Kettle, toaster, microwave, chopping board, ironing board, mop/bucket, dustpan and brush, vacuum cleaner and bedroom bin are provided. You’re likely to have one floor cupboard, one drawer, one wall cupboard, one shelf in the fridge and one drawer in the freezer.