Use a reading list for the module that you are studying (your module handbook will provide this) and consider the following:
- Use OneSearch to search for the books. The catalogue will be able to give you the classmark number which will tell you exactly where the book is in the library collections. Help on using the OneSearch.
- If a book on your list is on loan to another user you can reserve a copy so that when it comes back you will be emailed.
- If the book you are looking for isn’t on the shelf check to see if an electronic version (ebook) is available.
- If you can’t get hold of the exact book on the list, the library will have other titles that cover similar topics in both print and electronic versions. Another good alternative is to use journals.
- Your knowledge and understanding will be enhanced if you use your independent learning skills to search beyond the books on the reading lists and use a good combination of books, journals and websites.
Your reading list may have been added to the growing number of lists on the Online Module Reading List System.