You can help yourself to become an independent learner by:
- accessing online resources regularly, in particular online referencing guidance and the different versions of Head Start;
- being pro-active in seeking guidance once an issue is raised by a course tutor, when grades are borderline pass, after failing an assignment and when preparing to resubmit an assessment;
- seeking timely advice at minimum within 7 working days of an assignment deadline – as it is not possible to meet requests for appointments or email guidance at short notice;
- planning in advance what you would like to discuss in individual appointments and bringing along/emailing examples of your work, assignment briefs and tutors' feedback as appropriate;
- providing your student number and detail of your course, module, level and campus base when booking an appointment;
- arriving on time for face to face appointments and letting us know when you cannot attend or are likely to be late.