BASE : Bielefeld Academic Search Engine
- Access BASE
- Brief description BASE is one of the world's most voluminous search engines especially for academic web resources.
- Resource type Full-text journals, References and abstracts, Theses, Reports and conference proceedings
- Mobile version of app available
BASE is one of the world's most voluminous search engines especially for academic web resources.
BASE is operated by Bielefeld University Library. BASE collects and indexes the metadata of web documents. BASE provides more than 90 million documents from more than 4,000 sources. You can access the full texts of about 60% of the indexed documents for free (Open Access).
BASE is charcterised by the following features:
- Intellectually selected resources
- Only document servers that comply with the specific requirements of academic quality and relevance are included
- A data resources inventory provides transparency in the searches
- Discloses web resources of the "Deep Web", which are ignored by commercial search engines or get lost in the vast quantity of hits
- The display of search results includes precise bibliographic data
- Display of access and terms of re-use for a document
- Browsing by DDC (Dewey Decimal Classification), document type, access and terms of re-use / licence.