- Postgraduate Research Portal for everything research.
- Use OneSearch to find nearly everything that the library has to offer including books, ebooks, journal articles and more…
- Use the Journals A-Z to find out which journal titles the library subscribes to in print or electronic format.
- Use the Eresources A-Z to find out which journal collections the library subscribes to.
- Use Refworks to manage your bibliographic references and produce reference lists and bibliographies.
- Use Web of Science to access leading scholarly literature and proceedings of international conferences, symposia, seminars, colloquia, workshops, and conventions. Web of Science is particularly useful for citation searching.
- Use the Library Subject Guides to find out which resources are best for your subject area
- Use the ProQuest Dissertations and Theses database to view the full text other students work from the UK and worldwide.
- Use Insight to discover the research output of University of Cumbria staff and students.
Resources for Researchers
The library is committed to supporting your research activities. We provide you with access to books, ebooks, journals, eresources and other services and systems that will enhance your research experience.
- Postgraduate students can use the Get More Books service to tell us if there is a book that would benefit your research and we’ll do our best to buy a copy for the library.
- Use the Inter library loans service if the University of Cumbria library does not stock a book or a journal article which you need for private study or research. The cost of this service is bourne by the library for final year undergraduates, all postgraduates and acadmic staff.
- Use the Sconul Access Scheme to join and borrow from other UK academic libraries.
- Use ORCID to set yourself up with a persistent digital identifier that distinguishes you from every other researcher and supports linking between you and your professional activities ensuring that your work is recognized.
- Keep up to date by using alerting services Zetoc and Journal TOCS to inform you when new issues of a journal are available or articles containing your key research terms are published.
- Use CORE and OpenDOAR to discover open access research papers from around the world.
- Use Open Grey to discover grey (gray) literature. Grey literature means material and research produced outside of the traditional commercial or academic publishing and distribution channels.
- Use the Archives Hub to explore archive collections held in UK Universities and Colleges.
- Use the JISC Library Discover Hub for free access to the merged online catalogues of many major University, Specialist, and National Libraries in the UK and Ireland, including the British Library.
- Use the British Newspaper Archive to access hundreds of historic newspapers from Britain and Ireland.
- Use EThOS to search through PhD theses from over 100 UK institutions.
- Use ResearchGate to connect with other researchers in your field.