- Academic writing from first-year to postgraduate level
- Essay structure and organisation
- Critical thinking, reading and writing
- Referencing and avoiding plagiarism
- How to use Turnitin and interpret an originality report
- Writing a literature review
- Dissertation writing
- Postgraduate writing
- Exam revision and preparation
- Presentation structure and delivery.
We have some excellent resources to help with Academic Writing, including tips on essay planning, essay structure, reflective writing and spelling and grammar.
Go to help with Academic Writing.
Go to help with Exam Preparation.
Go to managing your time.
Coming soon - we are currently working on new, detailed resources to help with all aspects of Academic skills - please check this section again soon.
University students with specific learning difficulties can arrange to have screening and assessment of their needs undertaken in order to identify their eligibility to specialist tuition, concessions in assessments and examinations and other support.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more guidance.
(Replies to email queries are given within 5 working days; replies may take longer during busy and Bank Holiday periods.)