Head Start is an online course that helps you to transition to life at university. It is intended for students about to embark on studies at either Level 3 or Level 4 at the University of Cumbria, but is open to anyone who is new to studying at university.
The course is split into 7 units:
- Your Journey - Welcome to higher education
- Your Hopes & Fears - Reassurances for how you feel about starting Uni
- Your Learning - Understand how you learn
- Your Research Skills - Finding and evaluating information
- Your Writing - Writing for higher education
- Your Referencing - Crediting original authors for the evidence you cite
- Your Digital Skills - Introduction to the basics of working with computers at university
These are supplemented by two short self-evaluation surveys and supporting resources.
At the end of Head Start you will have 7 Digital Badges and be presented with a Certificate of Completion that you can download/print as evidence that you have completed the course.
See below for instructions on how to access the course.