Students who are about to start a Level 5 or 6 programme of study, as either a standalone Continuing Professional Development (CPD) module or as years 2 and 3 undergraduate studies, often have apprehensions about what tutors will expect of them and their ability to cope with this level of work generally.
By the end of the "Head Start Plus" programme, you should be able to:
- Understand the importance of a critical approach to thinking, reading and writing in all aspects of academic study
- Access and critically evaluate high-quality information
- Plan and structure your writing effectively
- Adopt an effective and critical approach to your writing
- Reference sources accurately and systematically both in-text and in the reference list