We use cookies on this website – more information

Cookies are small text files which are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website.


Programme Administration

Programme Administration offices (PAds) are student focused information points based across the University of Cumbria campuses. We provide a wide range of services, information, advice and guidance relating to different aspects of your course and study.  

We liaise with other services within the University at different campuses, so if we can't help you we can put you in contact with those who can. If you have a matter you would prefer to discuss in confidence, we would be pleased to make suitable arrangements to speak to you.

Where to find us
What we do
Letters / Confirmation of Student Status
Reporting an Absence
Our Contact Details
Procedure for Submission of Coursework (hard copy)

Where to find us

Please follow this link to find out where we are located. If you are not sure of where we are you can also use information on the campus maps to find which building we are based in.  Reception at each campus would also be happy to direct you.

What we do

We are:

  • Here to help you!
  • Your first point of contact for all queries and information relating to your course or academic study whilst at the University.
  • The people to ask if you need advice and information on University procedures and regulations. 
  • The people you need to contact to report an absence from your course.  Please follow this link to find out how to report your absence
  • The place where you hand in your assignments.  Further information on assignments can be found here. You can also collect assignment coversheets from the Programme Administration office. We also notify you when your assignments are ready for collection. You need to present your Cumbria card to collect your assignments from us.
  • The people to ask if you are an international student and you need to have your Erasmus or Study Abroad documents authorised.
  • The people who notify your funding body of any changes in your circumstances.
  • The place where you can collect withdrawal, intercalation and transfer forms, amongst many others, from and where you need to return them to once completed.


Always bring your Cumbria card with you when visiting your Programme Administration office so that you can prove your identity if asked to do so.

We are the location for you to collect the following forms:

More information
Download form

Assignment Cover Sheet
Download form

Change of Module
More information
Download form

Extenuating Circumstances
More information

Download form

More information

PT Module Registration Form
Download form

PT Module Withdrawal Form
Download form

Personal Details Amendment
If you wish to make changes to your name or title these changes need to be verified by original legally valid documentation.  The following forms of identification are acceptable:

Your passport
Photographic driving licencepassports
Marriage Certificate
Birth Certificate
National identity card (for non UK students)
Decree nisi
Deed poll document
Notarised verification of change of name
More information.

More information

More information 

Letters / Confirmation of Student Status

We can also provide a number of different letters or documents for you. Always bring your Cumbria card with you when you are visiting your Programme Administration office so that you can prove your identity.

Don’t leave requests to the last minute.  Please allow at least 2 working days for the preparation of letters or documents.

Confirmation of Student Status

This may be used to verify your student status for memberships or travel cards.

You will have received electronic copies of your Council Tax Exemption Form (if you meet the eligibility requirements for this) and also your Confirmation of Registration letter when you were fully registered in your first year of study.

You will be provided with a new Confirmation of Registration letter each time you register for successive years of your course providing that you have no outstanding issues for your registration.  This letter is provided for both full time and part time students.

A letter for your Bank

This is required for you to open a student bank account and especially if you are an international student who would like to open a bank account in the UK when you do not hold a UK passport.  Most banks require a specific format and content of information to be included within this letter, so it differs from the Confirmation of Student Status letter.

Council Tax Exemption

If you are a full time student and fully registered, you will be e-mailed a Council Tax Exemption letter as soon as your registration is complete. This document should be sent or taken to the local Council Tax Office, with your Council Tax bill if you have received one. Your Council Tax Exemption form covers the duration of your course and is transferable between addresses.

Council tax office addresses

Ambleside students

Local Taxation Department (Council Tax)
Revenues and Benefits
South Lakeland House
Lowther Street
Email: counciltax@southlakeland.gov.uk
Phone: 01539 733733

Open Monday to Friday, 08.45am-5.00pm

Carlisle students

Council Tax Office
Civic Centre
Email customerservices@carlisle.gov.uk
Phone 01228 817200
Open 9.00am-5.00pm  Monday to Thursday and 9.00am-4.00pm Friday

Lancaster students

Revenue Services
PO Box 4
Town Hall
Email: ctax@lancaster.gov.uk
Phone: 01524 582900
Open 9.00am-5.00on Monday to Friday. 

London students

Local arrangements apply, please contact your Course Information Point if unsure.

Council Tax Exemption forms are only provided for those students who meet the eligibility requirements in terms of their attendance and hours of study.  This form provides exemption under Regulation 5 of the Council Tax (Discount Disregards) Order 1992.

If you lose your certificate or need a further copy during your course, please contact your Programme Administration Office by e-mail or phone and we will send you a copy by return.

Travel cards

We can also stamp your railcard or travel card, e.g. Oystercard, application to confirm you are registered as a student at the University.

Ad hoc letters

If you require a specialised letter for a particular requirement e.g. for a pension fund or for accounting purposes, please ensure that you provide the full address, title and contact details of the organisation and person you would like us to write to on your behalf.

Reporting an Absence

Advice on how to report an absence and who you need to contact to do this.  If you are on a course with a professional placement you will have to follow additional procedures for reporting your absence.

Our Contact Details

Please follow this link for full email, telephone and contact details, plus opening hours for each Programme Administration Office.